Between 2017 and 2018:
· Real median family income up 1.2%
· Real median earnings up 3.4%
· Full-time, year-round workers up 2.3 million
· Poverty rate down from 12.3% to 11.8%; childhood poverty fell faster; net 1.4 million people left poverty
· Income in the bottom 80% of households was up significantly, only the top 20% of households saw an income decline.
“In sum, 2018 worked for everyone. The economy did well, all the real measures of economic well-being were improved, and the Gini coefficient went down. More money, more equality. But you wouldn’t know it from the headlines. “
You wouldn’t know this from the news media. They got it totally wrong.